As partnered with some of the largest Defence projects in Australia, we currently have an opportunity for an Aerospace Engineer with a proven background in Defence (Fast Jet experience ideal). This is a core role within the business that will be responsible for conducting duties covering; Configuration, Role and Environment (CRE), type certification, and the processing of Design Changes both Major and Minor.
The successful applicant will have proven understands on the engineering lifecycle within a Defence environment.
** This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19s situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and, in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe**
- Accountable to the Chief Engineer in the management and oversight of minor and major design changes to the Air Vehicle and support systems
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure changes are achieved satisfactorily IAW applicable regulations (DASR), local instructions, etc.
- Respond to defects, queries and technical information
- Conduct technical investigations and analysis
- Define engineering requirements, design solutions and test requirements
- Ability to work autonomously within the delegated authority
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
Required Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Aerospace Engineering or similar engineering field.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Firm understanding of aviation legislation and regulations (CASA, DASR)
- Working towards CPEng / RPEQ
- Applicants must be ITAR Compliant
- Applicants must be Australian citizens and hold a NV1 Security Clearance
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Toby Wright on 08 7226 6579 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TW