Our client is a well-established consulting firm within the Defence Industry and is looking for an experienced Avionics Certification Engineer to join their team in Canberra. You will be working on state-of-the-art aerospace projects and have a direct influence on the WarFighter capability.
In this role you will directly support the avionics upgrade for a major Aerospace platform as you work to achieve DASA approval of the four Major Changes that deliver the Mode 5 IFF/ADS-B Out design change.
The successful applicant will have extensive Defence Aerospace experience and a proven understanding of CASA and DASR polices.
- Support avionics upgrade certification activities
- Support the Aviation platform expansion certification activities
- Address certification shortfalls or limitations
- Deliver evidence and MCRIs to resolve in scope basic flying capability shortfalls
- Develop modification orders for the Mode 5 design Change
- Support the PEM and Initial Airworthiness Certification Manager in providing formal training and mentoring
Required Skills & Experience's:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Proven experience in software & electronic hardware Aviation Certification activities
- Minimum 7 years experience in avionics engineering
- Significant software certification experience assessing Complacent Demonstration Evidence for Major design changes
- Firm understanding of aviation legislation and regulations (CASA, DASR)
- Experience in the Defence Aerospace industry (Essential)
- Applicants must be ITAR Compliant
- Applicants must hold or be eligible for a NV1 Security Clearance
** This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19s situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe**
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 08 8432 0492 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TG
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.