Can you deliver on complex problem-solving and manage large backup environments to achieve desired outcomes?
Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology?
Kinexus are seeking an Backup Engineer for a large tech company in Canberra. Engineers need to be exprienced in Netapp and Hitachi to draw and deliver on working knowledge around public cloud-based storage and backup platforms. This will be an opportunity for your exceptional customer service skills and technical subject matter expertise to shine.
- Knowledge of backup architecture;
- Hands on experience with managing Netbackup (appliances and virtual appliances);
- Able to manage backup environments to achieve high success rates (i.e 99%);
- Experience with managing large backup environments (Over 500 servers backed up);
- Experience with identify and utilising new backup features from vendors;
- Hands on experience with Tape library and tape drive technology (ideally HP), including upgrades;
- Hands on experience with Azure and AWS backup methodology (how to configure/manage and how to monitor);
- Experience with virtualisation backup (snapshots), copy data management, application and cluster aware backups;
- Knowledge of SAN operating principles and architecture and ability to work as one with Storage teams to achieve outcomes.
Working with this client you will be joining a trusted public sector partner and have the opportunity to work across some of their high profile projects within the Federal Government region.
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of technical skills and a strong customer focus. To be successful in this role, you will be able to successfully deliver to tight timeframes and clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the security requirements of the role, candidates MUST BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS and hold a current Federal Government Security Clearance.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Susan Stuart on 02 9492 7517. #LI-Susie
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.