The Australian Research Council (ARC) seeks to engage the contract services of an experienced Database Developer in utilising their experience in the data warehousing (DW) and business intelligence (BI) spaces to assist in the design, implementation and support of the ARC's BI capabilities.
The successful applicant will work within a small delivery team in providing BI services as well as in supporting the development and support of new BI and database tier services. They will also engage with stakeholders and other members of the delivery team to develop against backlog items using an adapted scrum methodology.
Estimated start date 1-07-2020
Location of work Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract 3 months
Contract extensions Possible 9 additional months
Security clearance Must have current baseline clearance
- Proven ability to design, implement and support Business Intelligence capabilities including ETL, warehouse design, cube design and Power BI services.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and provide advice to the ICT branch and business stakeholders in the design and implementation of new database tier services.
- Expertise in maintenance of production database tier services, including issue resolution and continuous improvement activities.
- Experience in supporting business as usual and project planning activities. Ability to support application life cycle management systems, including the maintenance of database deployment systems and development of technical documentation.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills with thorough attention to detail at all levels of work (technical or non-technical).
- Experience in querying objects such as BLOBS, XML and JSON data
- Experience in Big Data, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge of BI and Database development using best practices
- Troubleshooting and optimisation skills
- Experience on Agile and/or Scrum projects
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.