A premium Defence client is seeking an experienced Combat System Maintainer / Manager / Supervisor to join their growing Naval Systems Engineering Group.
The team currently consists of other SME's who are contributing towards Combat Systems Engineering solutions. You will be required to support these activities which enables the development of their associated CMS products.
LOCATION: This position can be based in either Adelaide or Rockingham.
Further duties include;
- Provide naval engineering/maintenance input and advice in relation to routine and corrective maintenance procedures, of naval systems in particular - Combat Management Systems (CMS).
- Support engineering staff in the maintainability design of CMS functionality and the associated Human-Machine Interface.
- Support engineering staff in the functional design and layout of a Naval Ships' compartments/locations for Combat System equipment with a focus on Human Factors associated with the maintenance of equipment.
- Undertake Maintenance Task Analysis to support the development of Maintenance Manuals.
- Undertake Training Needs Analysis to support CSM training.
- Design and develop training materials in accordance with the relevant Defence standard and practice.
- Deliver CS Maintainer training.
- Considerable experience as a Combat System Maintainer/Supervisor/Manager within either industry or the RAN.
- Proven writing skills with the ability to write in plain English.
- Experience with writing and editing large and/or complex documents to an advanced level in Microsoft Word, or similar, to develop and maintain documentation.
- Considerable technical experience with the 9LV CMS or similar C2 systems.
- Proven ability in internal and external stakeholder management, including with the customer (e.g. CASG, WAMA, NESC and RAN).
- Demonstrated knowledge of RAN (or equivalent Navy) maintenance procedures and requirements.
- Demonstrated maintainer knowledge of the sensor/weapon fit on RAN Major Fleet Units.
- Experience in Systems Approach to Defence Learning phases, training design & development and delivery.
- Experience in authoring user-oriented documentation.
- Understanding of the LSA tasks and the relationship between LSA outputs, technical publication development, and training design and development.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in Naval sensor systems Maintenance.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in Naval Weapons System Maintenance.
- Demonstrated familiarity with contemporary defence technologies.
- Current Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or higher.
- Experience working within a Quality System.
- Experience with following defence documentation practices and standards
Due to the nature of the environment you will be required to hold an NV1 clearance.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.