Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you interested in utilising your skills within a dynamic team working on exciting projects? We currently have an opportunity in Canberra for a Systems Engineer with experience in Defence Communications Systems (C4i, C2, Crypto, RF). This is a critical role within the business that will have a direct input into the outcomes of major Land Defence projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to work on state-of-the-art systems in Defence whilst showcasing your engineering expertise. You will be responsible for providing advice on all engineering requirements of the capabilities, ensuring that risks and issues are flagged and dealt with.
- Design and develop military systems and equipment including testing, integration, installing and managing the systems and equipment
- Derive system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and system requirements reviews
- Foster a working environment that is focused on meeting the requirements of customers, both external and internal
- Perform the integration and validation of complex system designs
- Review contractor documentation including acceptance test plans, procedures and reports
- Guide the projects through configuration and system acceptance audits
- Support the project to obtain Technical Certification
Skills & Experience required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Communications Systems Engineering
- Proven experience working as a communication engineer within a Defence environment
- Proven experience with verification and validation of communication systems
- Experience with Radio, RF, Networks, Satellite Systems, Navigation Systems, Radar, C2, C4i and/or Electronic Warfare.
- Knowledge of Defence project life cycle
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to travel interstate
- Meet ITAR compliancy
Applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and a current Negative Vetting 1 clearance
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.