At Kinexus we are seeking suitable applicants for Communication Engineers positions with a background in Integrated Communications Systems to work on the latest RAN frigate as part of a SEA project. As a Communication Systems Engineer you will work on the world's most advances anti-submarine capability while reporting to the Engineering Manager, and working within a team on the following;
- Analysing and defining the requirements of the communication system, while liaising with key ADF and engineering personnel on the joint project;
- Putting reference designs to the test and seeing how they impact on external interfaces;
- Designing the new communication subsystem architecture while integrating it into existing and next generation Naval platforms;
- Innovating and creating new ways to improve upon the current in system designs, while ensuring the quality is maintained in accordance with the technical standards;
- Conceptualise and deliver technical equipment specifications for communication subsystems.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following essential requirements:
- Qualified engineer with a background in Electrical/Electronics/Communications;
- Experience in systems engineering in a defence or naval environment is advantageous;
- Background in military / ship borne communication packages is needed, EX-ADF highly encouraged to apply.
- Good understanding of tools such as DOORS and Engineering process's such as the import/export control process;
- Knowledge of system architecture would be beneficial;
- Must be an Australian Citizen and be eligible to obtain Australian Security Clearance;
- The ability to communicate effectively and plainly when required;
- Interpersonal skills are a must with the capacity to liaise with clients from defence industry and the ADF as required;
- Self-motivated and results driven individual, who takes pride in completing quality projects within budget and on time.
- Have the chance to work on the new Hunter Class Frigate in a multi skilled team.
- Be a part of an organization that has strong training and development opportunities as well as allows for a flexible work/life balance.
- Play a key role in the contribution to ADF and RAN capability.
- Work with like minded and motivated people on a project that will not only allow you to innovate but encourage it.
- Possibilities for travel and participation in a bonus program that rewards hard work.
If this sounds like the type of role and environment you would like to work in, we would love to hear from you. Don't hesitate as this will be a position in high demand!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Claire Whitehouse on 0421 248 312 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.