The primary mission of the project is to deliver ICT software, infrastructure and services to host cyber security capabilities in support of the ASD's cyber security mission.
The successful applicant will work closely with ASD mission areas and translate complex business problems into sophisticated data driven capabilities for analytical and operational use. A key measure of success will be an ability to reduce the end-to-end cycle time of business problem to analytic output (analytics, charts, graphs and models), ultimately accelerating the delivery of business value. The successful applicant will apply agile methods to their work enabling their data engineer and cyber security analyst peers to work together more efficiently and effectively.
We are looking for individuals with a strong background in system design, build, integration and automation including demonstrated experience working within project delivery teams. The applicant must be a motivated self-starter with strong technical abilities and initiative. They will operate as a peer in a high performing technical team, and require strong organisational skills, attention to detail and be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment.
Applicants should have exposure across several of the following technologies and disciplines, and be able to demonstrate how they used them to generate business value:
- Data lake technologies (for example: SIEM platforms, Splunk, ELK, Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo)
- Data streaming technologies (Kafka, NiFi, Spark)
- Software development (Python, Scala, Java)
- Endpoint detection and response
- Automation services (Security Orchestration and Automation Response, CI/CD platforms, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Operating Systems in depth (Windows, Linux)
As a member of the cyber analytics data platform team, you will work proactively to enhance and configure highly scalable, resilient, and observable data analysis platforms considering ASD mission areas requirements and analytic maturity. You will ensure delivered capabilities meet ASD mission area requirements and industry best-practices for automating build deployment and change management using DevOps and CI/CD patterns.
Estimated start date 27-07-2020
Location of work Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract 12 months that includes an initial 3 month probation
Contract extensions 12 months
Security clearance Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
- Demonstrated technical experience delivering endpoint threat detection and response capabilities.
- Highly developed technical skills across the build and optimisation of big data cyber security platforms.
- Experience designing, building, and supporting technical capabilities to automate, integrate and simplify business process.
- High level of proficiency with the Linux operating system including system administration, hardening, monitoring and support.
- High attention to detail with solid documentation skills and good client communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent tasks with competing demand
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.