ABOUT THIS ROLE
Exciting opportunity for Cost Analysts with Defence experience to work on exclusive defence projects in Canberra, which can be performed on a contract basis.
You will be involved in all aspects of Internal and External budgets including their development, allocation, reporting within Defence and external systems (such as CBMS), production of all key external budget milestones (PBS, MYEFO, PAES and Pre-ERC), monthly reporting to Defence Committees, annual and monthly financial statements closing process, annual audit support and ongoing development of reporting for all key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Department of Finance).
The suitable candidate will also support several Defence Groups and Services and specific Defence programs/projects alongside a like-minded team to manage their monthly budgets and Forecasts in Defence Finance systems and reporting of the performance against their budgets to track the progress of the projects/programs/activities/Groups/Services. This also includes performing multiple reviews of budgets for key capability acquisition projects and sustainment activities to support reporting and analysis of Department of Defence's Integrated Investment Program.
- Compile the process documentation or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and identify opportunities to improve the corporate governance and operational efficiencies of various processes and related controls.
- Contribute to finance transformation projects and initiatives to provide better financial support and advice to key stakeholders.
- Communicate with influence, engaging stakeholders at various levels to facilitate discussions and outcomes.
- Available to work flexibly onsite to access the defence protected or secret network when required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Minimum baseline security clearance required, NV1 preferred.
- Experience in the defence space.
- A strong focus in financial systems and financial processes.
- A good understanding of the requirements of the Australian Accounting Standards, Commonwealth budget guidelines and principles, PGPA Act and Defence Accounting Framework (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please send in your CV to Sheree Linsangan at email@example.com or call on 02 9492 7556.
CONNECT WITH KINEXUS!
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Maverick Taku on 0401 684 207 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-MT
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.