Our client is a global Prime for Australia and International Defence programs and offers world-class training, career growth and experiences of a lifetime to work on some of the most interesting and advanced technical projects existing in industry today. Based within the heart of Melbourne CBD, VIC, this role will be a supporting a key integral upgrade for Australia's Warships for the RAN and ensuring war-fighting capability exists for our Navy men and women.
Role: Electrical Engineer
- Install, repair and commission complex ship platform systems
- Perform electrical fault finding on ship platform systems
- Perform defect analysis, resolution and provide detailed technical reports
- Assist in the design, construction, testing, set to work and the acceptance of ship platform systems
- Travel interstate to undertake installation and maintenance tasks and support ship platform sea trials
- Test, Verification, Validation and Integration of electrical systems and on-board wiring systems and support structures
- Develop Systems Engineering artefacts, design documentation and technical reports/procedures
Ideal candidate will have
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain and maintain to NV1 level.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or similar
- Australian Citizenship
- Experience within a comparable Engineering organisation.
- Experience in Power Generation and Distribution Systems, and understanding of electrical/mechanical systems.
- Experience in developing electronic/electrical equipment designs, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of electrical/electronic solutions.
- The capability to think holistically and understand the interactions of equipment and electrical systems both at the system and sub system level.
- Ability to engage and communicate across multiple disciplines and platform groups.
- Strong time management, report writing and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience in estimating, planning and scheduling, systems knowledge (Desirable).
- Requirement Analysis / Derivation / DOORS (Desirable).
- 9 day-fortnight
- Rewarding salary package
- Career growth and supportive working environment
- Working from home flexibility
If you match the above criteria, please apply only in Microsoft Word format.
Kinexus is Australia's No.1 Supplier of recruitment solutions to the Defence Industry for over 21+ years and counting across permanent and contract recruitment, with a team of ex-military and recruitment specialists ready to assist your next career move today!
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Pat Horwood on 03 9982 0310. #LI-PH
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.