This is a great opportunity for a current or Ex serving Electronics Weapons or Marine/mechanical electrical technician with Naval experience to join a leading provider of engineering support for safety-critical hydraulic electro-mechanical systems within the Defence Industry and to expand on your knowledge and skills whilst contributing to Australia's Defence capability and enhancement.
The role will be full-time permanent based in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of accurate documentation including test procedures and reports
- Technical support of repair, test and overhaul activities of electromechanical equipment
- Providing recommendation on potential improvements
- Preventative and reactive maintenance across a safety-critical marine electro-mechanical system
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert on the installation, repair and commissioning of ships systems
- Work under strict defence industry standards and encourage those around you for support and training where required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years Naval service as an ET-W (Electronics Technician - Weapons rate) or MT-E (Marine Technician - Electrical)
- Vocational/Professional Qualification in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical fields
- Experience with Naval Ships systems
- Experience both at Sea and Ashore on Naval establishments and/or platforms (desirable)
MUST be an Australian citizen and be eligible to obtain and hold an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Those that hold current baseline or above clearance are encouraged to apply!
If you think you match the above, please apply in word format only.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading Defence Industry Supplier for permanent and contract recruitment services.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Luke Mitchell on 03 9982 0302 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.