ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is perfect for the Electronics Engineer Manager who has the experience but is bored of being in the tail end of the Engineer Life Cycle. Get back to designing and leading a team of motivated individuals on projects that despite them already being established, will allow you to use your creativity to make change.
Innovation, creativity, purpose, these are all things encouraged in this role. You will be expected to manage and motivate a group of multi skilled engineers on design projects, focussing on Sonar, Radar and other bespoke Naval equipment.
This career will involve internal and external communications, management of resources and identifying / alleviating risks to projects. The right candidate will need to be able to think strategically with a demonstrated experience in defence industry, preferably while working on differing projects.
- Manage customer relationships through effective internal and external communications.
- Guide the development of project scope and implement scope controls in order to meet project budget.
- Manage engineering activities through the System Definition, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Verification and Support phases of the engineering lifecycle.
- Lead, motivate and manage the engineering team and review the work undertaken by other professional engineers.
- Oversee the development of technical solutions to ensure that they satisfy contracted technical performance and are safe to own, operate and maintain.
- Manage project engineering resources through effective planning, staff training and development, and assess staff performance.
- Identify and manage the alleviation of project technical risks and the realisation of project opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to think and operate strategically.
- Experience in successfully leading engineering design and development projects within the defence industry.
- Ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver quality outcomes.
- Ability to solve problems and think outside the box.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve business operations.
- At least 10 years' overall experience in successfully delivering complex electronic systems capabilities to Defence.
- Hold an Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Must be eligible for Australian Defence Security Clearance to SECRET.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 08 8432 0491 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CA
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs