You will have a clear responsibility for design, testing and integration of electronic hardware and software based elements of a new technology battery system from concept design to manufacture and installation. Specific technical experience in development of micro-controller based systems for monitoring and control is required. The role will require you to either develop or use your experience in multiple areas including developing interface circuits for acquiring sensor data, firmware development for real time embedded control and development of PC based applications for display and analysis of captured data. Experience in product design for manufacture, testing, development of PC based GUI applications or battery systems would be desirable.
The role offers the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplined team of experienced and enthusiastic engineers, chemists, drafters and technicians both locally and abroad which requires good communication skills and an interest in a varied range of engineering disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years' experience in design, product development and testing with skills in both electronic hardware and software design for embedded applications - lower levels of experience will be accepted for the right candidate.
- Experience working on Defence projects within Australia (desirable)
- A strong technical skill base and the desire to continue to grow your technical knowledge - a genuine passion for technology and engineering.
- Self-motivated and self-managed - you will be the subject matter expert for the electronics/electrical design of products.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol screen
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, electronic systems;
- Proven ability in the development, implementation of complex projects;
- Experience with product development (end to end) and design of products incorporating micro-controllers;
- Knowledge and experience of supporting skills such as embedded C programming, Python or similar scripting languages, modelling and software engineering processes;
- Knowledge of power electronics and DC electrical system design and testing (desirable); and
- Experience with battery systems and associated battery testing equipment (desirable).
- APPLICANTS MUST BE AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Claire Whitehouse on 0421 248 312 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.