Our client is a world recognised Defence Industry supplier both Nationally and Internationally and is looking to expand their team in WA in light of a multi-million-dollar defence program for the Royal Australian Navy. They currently need an experienced Engineering Manager with a long history of working within the Defence industry and/or ADF/CASG, to manage the on-going support, development and successful delivery of engineering tasks and needs for the project. Someone with experience across the Systems Engineering life-cycle and knowledge of Navy Submarines is highly desirable, however not essential.
** This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19s situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and, in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe**
- Manage the engineering requirements and team delivery
- Oversea engineering support services and report on issues or technical needs
- Practice continual improvement and mentor-ship of junior engineers and develop their skill-sets
- Provide advice and adhere to government and CASG (Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group) regulations and processes
- Ensure compliance of systems match the customer's needs
- Develop relationships with senior staff and suppliers for project needs
- Minimum 8 years Engineering experience; ideally 5 years managing a team of engineering professionals
- Engineering Degree in either of the following disciplines: Electrical, Communications, Electronics, Mechatronics, Software and/or Hardware
- Experience working within the Systems Engineering life-cycle (requirements gathering, Test and evaluation, Verification and Validation, Acceptance and Delivery) Desirable
- Australian Citizenship essential
- Defence industry experience desirable
- Experience working on Navy Submarines or exposure to similar naval platforms (Highly desirable)
Please only apply if you hold Australian Citizenship and can obtain and maintain a Defence Security Clearance.
If you think you match the above criteria, please apply in Word format only.
Kinexus has been supporting the Defence Industry of Australia for recruitment solutions and other services for over 19 years and counting!
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Pat Horwood on 03 9982 0310. #LI-PH
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.