The Service Desk Analyst provides first and limited second level IT support to this Australian Government Department. The role is the first point of contact for all IT systems, via phone, email, onsite-support, including video conferencing and training and as directed. The role is based in Canberra and may require interstate travel.
The candidate must possess strong client service and technical skills, and applies sound initiative. Must have a proven understanding of ITIL and IT Service Desk & Onsite best practice. The hours of operation are 37.5 per week with some out of hours and weekend requirements as directed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working as a member of a team, providing effective first and limited second level IT support and assistance to clients
- Liaise with clients and other areas on technical support issues, problem resolution and assistance, through to resolution.
- Contribute to problem rectification and fault reporting including logging, escalation and coordination with team members and other IT support areas using an ITSM tool.
- Install and configuration software and hardware
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating processes and procedures
- Log, manage and process Incidents and emails in job queues through an ITSM database.
- Strong experience in the provision of desktop/network support services with the ability to handle an interrupt driven environment meeting deadline whilst managing day to day requests.
- Demonstrated experience in providing onsite support and working within a Service/Help Desk environment.
- Experience and knowledge in a broad range of technical skills including; Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange, Citrix, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, VPN, Mobility Devices including tablets, Next G, Telephony, and Video Conferencing.
- A strong client service focus, delivery of quality customer service, communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated initiative and capacity to be self-directed in combination with working in a geographically spread team and working with staff who reside interstate.
- * Due to the nature of the work, a minimum of Baseline Clearance is needed**
- Experience and knowledge with ICT technology, software and applications including the associated protective security policies and standards.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Divya Mehta on 02 9492 7514 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-DM1
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.