Refine your previous engineering skills and experience helping to shape and build a large Maritime Defence project. Test, validate and collaborate findings to a team to develop, modify and build the new Australian Warships.
These are exciting roles for a highly capable engineers to provide expertise and leave a footprint within the Defence sector. Marine Engineers with extensive experience in submarine systems will be highly regarded in this role (naval architecture, mechanical/marine/mechatronic systems, electrical or electronic engineering, or combat systems). This is the perfect opportunity to refine your previous engineering skills as well as lead and mentor a highly capable team of engineers.
- Review policies and processes from the Navy Regulatory Framework that underpin the Seaworthiness Management System
- Develop a plan and supporting process to review Navy and Defence policy
- Develop the Problematic Substances and Sources Program Management Plan as well as develop the Program Management Process
- Liaise with stakeholders including Combat System, Platform System, Weapon System, Regulator and Partners to baseline certification status
- Develop, implement, and monitor progress of framework for Engineering Assurance Plans
- Identify and implement changes to the certification process
- Lead and support material risk assessments
- Conduct design review activities
- Oversee design integration between partners through workshops
- Analyse safety cases for impacts to Mission System safety and operational effectiveness
- Develop and establish an engineer-mentoring program
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Engineering Degree, 4 year Bachelor in a related field such as naval architecture, mechanical / marine / mechatronic systems, electrical or electronic engineering, or combat systems
- Experience working in the Defence Naval / Maritime sector
- Defence acquisition project experience
- Experience in design acceptance and test of platform, electrical, electronic or communication systems
- MUST hold a current NV1 security clearance
- Work for a company that encourages personal and career growth.
- Be in an environment that offers variety in day to day tasks
- Genuinely supportive & inclusive culture that focuses on looking out for each other
- Other benefits including an Employee Assistance Program, generous professional development and membership funding, salary continuance insurance, salary sacrifice and subsidised parking.
To apply for this role click "apply now"
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Toby Wright on 08 7226 6579 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.