We are currently seeking candidates who are highly experienced in Defence Aerospace Life Support Systems. The role would suit a Senior Technician who has direct experience working on the Aviation safety equipment in RAAF fighter aircraft. In this role the successful applicant will be responsible for supporting, fitting including producing the Helmet Mounted Display Systems (HMDS) for the pilots out of the Facility in Williamtown, New South Wales.
This is a critical role for the business and will require a self-driven individual that can work autonomously within a dynamic team consisting of ADF and Commercial members. Candidates must have proven experience with a track record working on life support systems.
- Fit HMDS to pilots
- Produce three dimensional head scans
- Preform anthropometric measurements of pilots
- Assemble HMDS components
- Conduct preventative maintenance on HMDS
- Information capture and writing skills will be required
- Integrate HMDS with oxygen equipment, survival equipment and ejection systems
- Adhere to strict safety requirements and relevant standards
Required Skills & Experience
- Completion of RAAF or other MOD Flight Equipment Aviation Life Support Equipment Course
- 10 years' experience with Life Support or Flight Equipment
- CERT IV qualifications at a minimum
- Must possess knowledge of MOD Flight Equipment manuals, equipment, procedures and techniques
- Ability to work autonomous within required deadlines
- Excellent communications skills both written and Oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must
- Firm understanding of AS9100 quality assurance program
- Experience working in/around ejection seat equipment equipped aircrafts is preferred
- Candidates must hold an NV1 clearance and be prepared to step up that clearance.
Applicants will be required to operate Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) machines. Previous experience with experience with CNC machines is desirable or the be willing to undertake a CNC course.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 19 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
** This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19s situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and, in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe**
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 08 8432 0492 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TG
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.