Our client is one of Australia's largest Defence Industry consultancies and are always seeking Financial professionals to support the ever-changing needs of the ADF and Industry capability. We are currently looking for a Financial Controller to begin or expand their career within the Defence Industry in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, the Finance Controller is responsible for the management of the financial operations of the client. They will utilise their professional skill-set to forecast and manage project and contract budgets, provide project variances, trending and analysis of expenditures, and manage a comprehensive reporting process, and they will oversee and support project controls staff.
The skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
Have a minimum of two years' experience in a similar role.
- Possess a relevant recognised tertiary qualification in Business, Finance or similar, or demonstrate relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Defence and Commonwealth Government finance and contracting policy and practices.
- Experience in financial planning, pricing, planning, billing, invoicing procedures and contract administration
- Experience with SAP is desirable.
- Experience with ITAR import/export controls (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain spreadsheet models.
- Fluent user of MS Office products, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable briefing senior managers and capable of mentoring staff
- Currently hold, or have the ability to obtain and maintain, a Defence Baseline security clearance.
Please apply if you match the above description for a confidential discussion.
Please apply with CV's in WORD format
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence Industry.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Luke Mitchell on 03 9982 0302 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.