An exciting role to help support the growth and development of a new innovative product and seeking an experienced Firmware Tester to complement the engineering team.
You will have the opportunity to own our firmware test processes and develop your skills, while having a positive, tangible impact across the company.
- Planning and execution of functional and non-functional tests across multiple projects
- Collaboration with executives, engineers and developers to ensure requirements and specifications have actionable test cases
- Ownership of firmware quality assurance systems
- Ownership of firmware test management systems
- Regularly report on progress, anomalies, risks and issues
- Scope to shape the entire testing framework and team over time
- A diverse culture with a dedication to gender equality across the company
- Gain a deep understanding of operating and growing a startup
- Opportunity to be involved with a breakthrough, world-first IoT product
Skills and Experience
- Experience with embedded firmware development in C/C++ or other relevant programming languages, with 5+ years specific experience as a software tester
- Understanding of development and testing with embedded micro-controllers, ICs, components and sensors (ideally the Cortex M series of micro-controllers, GPS/GNSS, LPWAN and IMUs)
- Experience or demonstrated capability with automated test frameworks and CI/CD principles
- Conducting unit and integration testing, participating in formal verification of firmware
- Use of online source code repositories (BitBucket, GIT etc)
- Competence using Python
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Experience participating in design and code reviews
- Strong communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Recognized tertiary qualifications in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics or similar
Additional Desirable Attributes
- Understanding of IoT architecture and embedded systems
- Product development experience with IoT products
- Experience with electronics, cloud technologies, AI or machine learning
- Previous experience working within an Agile development team
- Experience with the Atlassian product tool-set or similar
- Experience with in-field testing and upgrades
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Nick Reid on 03 9982 0305 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.