As a Gateway (Security) Engineer, you will bring complex problem-solving abilities and a creative mind to provide technical direction and guidance to customers and peers. Day to the day the role will ensure correct routing information, backups, file review, archiving and database purging are performed. You will have the opportunity to work in vulnerability management and further your career in secured operations.
- Maintenance of gateway functionality.
- Undertake changes to configuration of devices and servers.
- Monitor network data streams and event log data.
- Ensure that gateway environments are optimized and maintained
- Work with both Windows and Linux/UNIX environments.
- Perform Vulnerability Management.
- Maintain agreed security records and documentation.
- Provide technical advice, and security policy advice in support of the client.
- Provide technical escalation point for team members.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Switches, routers experience
- SNAT/NAT & General Firewall experience (Stateful and Layer 7 Firewalls)
- Proxy experience -Solaris or Linux/Unix
- Load balancing
- General scripting skills - Shell, Perl, etc.
- Understanding of commands and concepts along with the ability to setup, configure and maintain servers.
- Ability to troubleshoot & perform root cause analysis on network/computer issues on clients, servers, and network equipment.
- Supporting Windows Server and associated domains.
- Competitive salary
- Collaborate and further enhance your embedded and IoT skills in a friendly innovative team consistently pushing the boundaries
Due to the nature of the company's projects, an Australian Citizenship and a minimum NV1 Security Clearance is essential, NV2 preferred.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 20 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Lee Pfeiffer on 0402 913 559 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-LP
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.