To all Health, Safety and Environment Advisors/Officers looking for an opportunity to join the Australian Defence Industry, have we got the job for you!
Our client is a national supplier and partner to the Commonwealth of Australia and Department of Defence for Naval Sustainment and enhancement capability and is looking to expand it's team in WA across their HSE team as part of their on-going sustainment projects for the Royal Australian Navy!
Permanent full-time opportunity based south of Perth! Australian Citizenship is essential!
- Promote and maintain safe and healthy working conditions for employees;
- Maintain and ensure safe work practices with appropriate regulatory bodies
- Provide continual improvement for the current safety management plan
- Conduct and manage monthly workplace inspections conducted by Safety personnel
- Prepare contractual HSE plans and supporting documentation
- Assess workplace risks, hazards and assist in development of controls and measures to minimise risk
- Develop, track and deliver related training and educational programs to affected personnel including but not limited to:
- training of first aid officers & fire wardens
- maintaining appropriate licences/tickets required (e.g. forklift)
- 3 - 5 year's experience in a Health and Safety officer/specialist/advisory role
- Defence or Naval experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of ISO 14001, AS 4801 and legislative requirements for WHS
- Formal qualifications in Environmental Management or similar
- Experience with leading ICAM investigations (ideal)
- Australian Citizenship essential
Please only apply if you hold Australian Citizenship and are eligible to gain an active Defence Security Clearance.
If you think you match the above criteria, please apply in Word format only.
Kinexus is Australia's No.1 Defence Industry supplier for recruitment solutions across permanent and contract support, with a team of ex-military and recruitment specialists at the ready!
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Pat Horwood on 03 9982 0310. #LI-PH
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.