Calling all ICT and Cyber Security professionals in the ACT!
A Defence agency is looking for an ICT and/or cyber security expert to fill an ICT Security Engineer role.
This role is limited to Australian citizens with a security clearance of NV1 or above.
By taking up this opportunity, you will immerse yourself in the Australian Defence Industry, growing connections with leading ICT and ADF experts.
About the Role
We require an experienced ICT Security professional to work within a team responsible for driving the cyber security outcomes for critical infrastructure around Australia, with a primary focus on operational technology.
The ICT Security Engineer will be responsible for the analysis and development of the integration, testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security.
The person will possess broad knowledge in:
- Security system design tools, methods and techniques
- Installation, integration and optimisation of system components
- Cyber security and privacy principles and organisational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Countermeasure design for identified security risks.
- Cyber threats and vulnerabilities. The person will possess skills in:
- Assessing security controls based on cyber security principles and tenets (e.g. CIS CSC, NIST SP 800-53, Cyber Security Framework)
- Writing code in a current supported programming language (e.g. Java, C++)
- Determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations or the environment will affect these outcomes.
- Recognising vulnerabilities in security systems (e.g. vulnerability and compliance scanning)
The ICT Security Engineer's major responsibilities include:
- Analyse and report system security posture
- Verify minimum security requirements are in place for applications
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture
- Plan and recommend modifications or adjustments based on exercise results or system environment
- Assess adequate access controls based on principles of least privilege and need-to-know
Connect with Kinexus!
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
For more information, please call Priya Leedman on 02 9492 7571 or email your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Priya Leedman on 02 9492 7571 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-PL
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.