Kinexus is supporting a leading organisation, who provides IT Security solutions to several federal government customers.
We are looking for a Infrastructure Systems Engineer who will be responsible for architecting solutions where multiple systems must come together to meet the client's ultimate needs; often referred to as a 'Systems of Systems' approach. Systems Engineers must have a broad understanding of disciplines spanning hardware, software and other engineering disciplines. Typically Systems Engineers will have a specialism (e.g. electronics, software etc.), but a broad understanding of the multi-disciplinary nature of engineering method is essential. Systems Engineers work to define system boundaries in complex systems, breaking complex situations into modular components that may be realised. The Systems Engineer can understand both the detailed and the high-level implementation, and can articulate both concurrently.
Our client requires an ICT Infrastructure Designer to support the design and build of accredited networks to enable the delivery of leading edge technology to our Federal Government customers. They are building a high performing team to deliver internal and customer facing ICT projects to support our Engineering teams in the creation of cutting edge software products.
An Australian Government NV2 (minimum) security clearance required. This is non-negotiable.
- Leads the design, build and implementation of local ICT projects, including test and transition to target solution
- Contributes to the design, build and implementation of global secure ICT projects following high level architectural designs, contributing to the test and transition to the target solution
- Design and build ICT solutions to address business requirements, working with business analysts and users (including designing to support non-functional requirements)
- Work collaboratively with customers, suppliers and partners to provide optimum solutions that balance features and functionality with value for money.
- Anticipates and identifies technical problems and leads identifying solutions for their resolution.
- Responsible for the creation of accurate documentation and design artefacts including security focused documentation in support of system accreditation.
- Engage with security team and relevant accreditation bodies on matters relating to ICT accreditation.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the business or customers on day to day matters pertaining to CLASSIFIED networks.
- Demonstrable experience in the architecting, design and build of highly secure enterprise-grade Information Communications Technology (ICT) (up to and including Australian Top Secret)
- Experience with and knowledge of IP networking and security devices (e.g. firewalls, IDS/IPS, cross domain solutions)
- Experience and knowledge of specifying and dimensioning compute hardware, storage (NAS/RAID)
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise-grade Microsoft Windows environments (including AD, WSUS), virtual desktop infrastructure, end-user collaboration tools, virtualized development environments, security and audit software e.g. end point protection, SIEM; back-up and restore solutions
- Recent experience in design of certified and accredited Defence related ICT systems
- Detailed understanding of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Defence Security Principles Framework (DSPF) and the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and how they pertain to ICT systems
- Understanding of the Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP) Certification process
- Desirable - Secure communications solutions (telephony and video conferencing)
- Desirable - knowledge and experience of Australian Government cryptographic devices, procedures and controls.
- Desirable - Private and hybrid cloud infrastructure design
- Essential - working in a multi-disciplinary team as part of both agile and classic/waterfall projects
- Desirable - Experience working within a global systems integrator/prime contractor
- Provide guidance to one or more less experienced ICT engineers/systems administrators
Kinexus is Australia's No.1 Leading recruitment solutions company to the Defence Industry of Australia for over 19 years and counting, with a team of ex-service men and women and recruitment specialists ready to help you start your next exciting career!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.