Our client is currently seeking an RF Technician to support the work being conducted in Canberra on a major Defence project. This role will be suited to a Technician with experience in RF, communications, SATCOM or Electronic Warfare who has worked within a Defence SPO. The successful applicant will hold Cert IV qualifications or higher and has a proven understanding of maintenance & technical requirements within safety critical environments.
In this role you will work with engineering teams to achieve defined contract requirements that will have a direct influence on Defence C4i & surveillance / reconnaissance capabilities.
- Prepare necessary documentation to support systems engineering activities
- Review engineering documentation against relevant standards & regulations
- Support engineering teams to achieve project outcomes
- Produce specifications, documentation and modifications orders
- Testing and validation of RF / Communication equipment
Required Experience & Skills
- Cert IV or higher qualifications in Electronics, Systems, Electronic Warfare or similar discipline
- Minimum of 10 years in similar industry experience
- Experience working within a Defence environment
- Experience working on Defence acquisition projects
- Proven experience with technical problem solving
- Experience working in a SPO (desirable)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong both written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants are required to hold a valid NV2 Security Clearance
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.