The Engineering Manager is responsible and accountable for managing the engineering activities of the ISS program to deliver a successful outcome for the business. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage customer relationships through effective internal and external communications and reporting;
- Guide the development of project scope, the definition and allocation of work scope activities and implement scope controls in order to meet project budget and schedule;
- Manage engineering activities through the System Definition, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Verification and Support phases of the engineering lifecycle;
- Lead, motivate and manage the engineering team and review the work undertaken by other professional engineers to achieve or maintain the required system functionality;
- Oversee the development of technical solutions to ensure that they satisfy contracted technical performance and are safe to own, operate and maintain;
- Ensure the project team adheres to Ultra's standard engineering tools and processes during all development, test and support phases including, hardware and software configuration management;
- Manage project engineering resources through effective planning, staff training and development, and assess staff performance;
- Identify and manage the alleviation of project technical risks and the realisation of project opportunities.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to think and operate strategically with a focus on business strategic goals;
- Ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver quality outcomes on time and within cost constraints;
- Well-developed communication skills and a demonstrated experience in successful customer management; and
- Demonstrated commitment to Work Health and Safety (WHS) procedures and practices
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, people development and motivational skill
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally across functional teams to achieve goals.
- Ability to instil a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in delivering safe and compliant products on time and within budget.
- At least 10 years' overall experience in successfully delivering complex electronic systems capabilities to Defence;
- Hold an Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Must be an Australian Citizen and able to obtain a Defence Clearance
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Claire Whitehouse on 0421 248 312 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.