ISS Software Team Leader
The Software Team Lead is responsible and accountable for maintaining the software product baseline for all ISS EW products and the development of new product software resulting from evolutionary upgrades.
The ISS Software Team Lead will lead a team of software design and development engineers to:
- Address reported software issues on fielded products within agreed timeframes and maintain the currency of product baseline documentation;Work with the Engineering Manager and Project Manager to design and architect the software design for product evolutionary upgrades and new developments;
- Manage, direct and review the work undertaken by the software team to create and execute designs for new functionality within contracted delivery dates;
- Ensure the software team consistently follow coding standards and applicable software development methodology and release processes;
- Collaborate and add value to other projects through participation in peer code reviews and software estimate reviews.
Key Competency Requirements:
Demonstrated technical experienced in:complex software design and development using Java C, C++ and C# languages;
embedded software development environments and operating systems using Object Oriented analysis and design techniques;
Linux and Windows operating systems; and SDLC software development methodologies.
Good understanding of Signal Processing techniques, Firmware development and GPU's including CUDA / OpenCL development.
Experience in working collaboratively and leading a team of software engineers to deliver quality outcomes on time and within cost constraints
Demonstrated commitment to WHS procedures and practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent);
- At least 5 years' experience in embedded software design and development;
- At least 3 years' demonstrated team leadership experience in a product design and development environment;
- Substantial familiarity with the processes and governance requirements in developing product for the Australian Defence Organisation.
Well developed and practical communication and people development skills
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally across functional teams to achieve goals;
Demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills; and
Hold a Defence security clearance of at least NV1.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Claire Whitehouse on 0421 248 312 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.