Junior Mechanical Engineer
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Perfect job opportunity for a young engineer with a desire to break into the defence industry and start their career with a reputable Engineering company. Join a skilled team of Engineers and develop your skills while understudying while collaborating with a skilled team of engineers.
Build networks through client facing and the chance to travel around Australia to key industry hubs such as Sydney and Melbourne.
Our client specialises in providing innovative, effective solutions for defence products expected to operate in extreme environments. They are an international company with a well-established name in the Naval sector. They pride themselves on their business ethic, comprising of honesty, integrity and respect for their people
- Provide technical expertise on defence projects
- Deliver on and off-site support for your team and clients
- Design, develop and upgrade various products.
- Test, design and validation of products and company equipment.
- Plan and execute technical investigations and /or detailed analyses to meet customer requirements.
- Provide technical reports identifying findings, conclusions and posing recommendations for any investigations or analyses.
- Undertake technical risk assessments, following procedures.
- Undertake design of Mechanical systems, components, jigs, fixtures, special tools, plant equipment.
- Review technical documentation including drawings, designs and design changes.
- Produce engineering specifications and documentation when required.
- Provide technical certification.
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Some industry proven design experience.
- Australian citizen with a capacity for gaining a security clearance
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Interpersonal skills highly desirable
- Understanding of Automation and Materials Handling
- Hydraulics, Fluid Dynamics or Pneumatics advantageous
- Some CAD experience e.g. Unigraphics, or, Solid Works
- Learn from skilled engineers
- Build your network in a rewarding role
- Great travel opportunities to expand your engineer horizons
- Help to provide a safe, secure and purpose-built product
- Establish yourself within the defence industry as an engineer
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 0402 759 468 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs