Are you looking to take the next step in your career? We currently have a position located in the Adelaide for a Lead Composite Technician to join dynamic team. The successful candidate will join an industry leader in providing ground-breaking composite technology to the Defence & Aerospace sector and will work on exciting & high-profile projects.
In this role, you will lead a small manufacturing team and be responsible for ensuring high quality production of ballistic protection armour.
- Ensure operational targets and production deadlines are met
- Active involvement in HSE, continuous improvement and quality programs
- Operating production machinery to consolidate UHMWPE laminates and ceramics
- Support the design and development of new technologies, products and systems
- Implementation and construction of R&D development ideas from concepts into experimental plans and production
- Undertaking test sample production, analysis, recording and reporting of the test results
- Assist the development of existing technologies, products and processes
- Assist in the delivery of new products and technologies and fundamental research in support of business needs
- Supervise and train employees in correct and safe work practices of material handling
- Diploma level qualifications or experience in composites materials or equivalent
- Proven hands-on manufacturing experience
- Strong understanding of composites
- Experience operating production plant and control
- Proven supervision experience
- Knowledge of factory production systems
- Must have experienced working in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must hold Australian Citizenship to apply
Candidates with experience in composite body armour or composite body panels in a Defence environment are encouraged to apply.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.