Make your next career move count and build upon your leadership and quality experience by joining this growing and innovative UAV company. Play a crucial role in ensuring the operational success of critical aeronautical projects and contribute to achieving aerospace quality standards through the analysis of mechanical components. Lead a team of engineers and foster a positive and safety critical culture.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be responsible for driving and supporting the Mechanical Quality Team to attain and maintain relevant aerospace standards for their UAV projects. Working closely with the design and engineering teams you will ensure mechanical components are appropriately specified, designed, manufactured and tested in order to meet the project needs and quality requirements.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
With 30 years of success in UAV system design and manufacturing, my client offers an exciting opportunity to join their continual and rapid growth in the industry. Positioned within the tactical drone market they support customers all around the world. This is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Responsible for providing clear direction to the team, managing their performance and driving capability development through individual development plans, coaching and mentoring.
- Oversee the operational effectiveness of the team and build processes that ensure alignment to internal requirements and industry best practice.
- Support achievement and maintenance of AS9100.
- Contribute to the design, analysis and development of drone components, systems and products.
- Coordinate resources as required to progress projects and monitor project progress with timely reporting.
- Ensure that all relevant quality standards are met, while driving continuous improvements in both the product and the relevant processes.
- Troubleshoot problems arising in componentry and develop and provide alternative options for problem resolution.
- Oversee the preparation of manuals, work instructions and calc sheets for component inspection, assembly and testing.
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Degree Qualification in Engineering or similar.
- Solid Quality experience in the aerospace or automotive industries.
- Detailed understanding of mechanical assemblies including composites, reciprocating engine components and manufacturing processes.
- A detailed understanding of supply chain quality, root cause analysis and supplier capability development processes.
- Team leadership experience and an understanding of ISO9001 is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities and a strong sense of urgency.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Contribute to the successful design of aeronautical products to ensure project success.
- Work alongside a diverse and multitalented team of engineers.
- Enhance and develop your leadership skills.
- Work with an innovative and progressive organisation on cutting edge drone technology.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Steve Hutcheson on 03 9982 0313 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.