We are currently working with a client based in the ACT that are searching for Consultants to join their team specialising in Cloud, Linux, Middleware, Storage and Virtualization technologies.
As part of the position, the successful applicant will work closely with customers to advise on architecture, deployment, troubleshooting, and the performance tuning of business products and cloud and management solutions.
To complete the role successfully, the consultant will be required to gain a deep understanding of their customer's infrastructure and business needs, and make recommendations appropriate to their environment.
- Experience working with Linux and open source systems in a business environment
- Scripting or programming experience
- Knowledge of system management, including installation, custom channels, deploying virtualized systems, basic client-based security, repositories, and creating core builds
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of basic RPMs, and development and deployment of a core profile
- Experience with management and deployment of physical and virtual Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) systems
- Excellent Shell scripting skills
- Experience creating high availability clusters, understanding key issues when implementing cluster solutions for customers, and creating and managing file systems
- Knowledge of a variety of virtualization and cloud technologies, setting up virtual environments using host and guest, and migrating from physical to virtual environments
- Understanding of basic LDAP concepts and basic connectivity to Directory Server, NIS, AD, or other widely used authentication applications and security certificates
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, or willingness to pursue it within 90 days
- Automation experience using basic Linux programming languages like C, Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, etc. is a plus
Whilst the client is ideally seeking candidates with TSPV security clearances, they will consider applicants with a minimum of an NV1
Kinexus, formally Kinetic Recruitment, are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Susie Stuart on 02 9492 7517.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.