Our client, an established maritime sustainment organisation with deep roots to global defence, is seeking an experienced Maintenance Planner to join their team in Sydney. This role will define timelines for key deliverables and set expectations for project progress and completion. They will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of the all schedules relating to ship repair and maintenance within a military environment.
- Develop and maintain Project Master Schedule, and regularly analyse and review to ensure timely completion of work;
- Oversight of scheduled corrective maintenance, planned Urgent Defect (URDEF) rectification and approved engineering changes;
- Ensure efficient use of resource allocations;
- Schedule maintenance periods to ensure the timely delivery and any other maintenance or repair requirements, including inspections, test and trial schedules;
- Proactively identify schedule conflicts and issues and implement risk mitigation strategies;
- Liaise with Commonwealth and other stakeholders to compile the maintenance period work packages within a timely manner in accordance with the Advanced Planning Letter;
- Collaborate with the repair and maintenance team in managing ship maintenance and repair task requirements and supporting worksheets;
- Work closely with the Engineering Managers to establish a schedule that best utilises facility resources;
- Liase with Production Engineers and Contracts Team to assist in the subcontractor selection ensuring suitability for the task, assessing quotations and gaining approval;
- Ensure all planning interfaces and dependencies are fully captured in Microsoft Project;
- Provide weekly and monthly work schedule progress reports to senior managers;
- At times and when required the supervision of subcontractors and tasks during maintenance availabilities.
Ideal Background & Qualifications
- Relevant technical qualification at tertiary level;
- 5 years proven experience working in an engineering and maintenance environment, ideally in Defence, or construction, oil and gas/resources or a related industry;
- Prior experience in ship maintenance and production planning and control highly desirable;
- Knowledge of CASG procurement process would be ideal;
- Knowledge/broad understanding of Project Management, Work Planning and Scheduling procedures. Including use of MS Project;
- A sound understanding and capacity in the use of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS).
As the role will be working within the Australian Defence industry, I am only allowed to consider applications from either current Security clearance holders or Australian citizens (this is a must). The client is looking to interview and hire immediately so please get in touch ASAP.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.