We currently have a position for a Manufacturing Engineer with proven experience working with composites to work out of the South Australian based facility. The successful candidate will join an industry leader in development of ground-breaking composite technology for the Defence sector and will work on exciting & high-profile projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is the design and development of manufacturing process for composite products such as; body armour, light weight equipment and auxiliary systems. This is a multi-discipline role in a new start-up section of the business. Working within a team environment you will utilise your proven engineering experience in manufacturing to develop testing and processes of composite products from concept though to prototyping through to validation.
- Development of Manufacturing process
- Testing and validation of manufacturing process
- Process and equipment design for the manufacture of composites
- Composite material product design and development
- Researching and testing materials, design approaches and new opportunities for product and business growth
- Design release including tooling release, trouble shooting, improvements and change implementations
- Degree qualifications in engineering
- 6 years' experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience with design and/or development of composites products
- Certification or relevant experience with SolidWorks CAD and PLM
- Proven experience in mechanical and composite material design
- Experience working on Defence projects will be highly advantageous
- Must have experienced working in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must hold Australian Citizenship to apply
Candidates with experience in composite body armour design in a Defence environment are encouraged to apply.
Our client is offering great career development and an attractive package is available and negotiable to match experience and qualifications. Candidates with current Design Authority / Engineering Authority will be highly regarded.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.