We currently have multiple positions for Manufacturing Technicians to be based out of the northern suburb's facility in South Australia. The successful candidates will join an industry leader in the development of ground-breaking composite technology for the Defence sector and will work on exciting & high-profile projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is machine operation and bench assembly for composite products such as; body armour, light weight equipment and auxiliary systems. This is a multi-discipline role in a new start-up section of the business. Working within a team environment you will utilise your proven experience in manufacturing to assist in the development of existing technologies, products, and processes from concept though to end product.
- Ensure operational targets and production deadlines are met
- Operate machinery for UHMWPE laminates and ceramic armour production
- Inspecting machinery and reporting on faults
- Preventive maintenance of machinery
- Record production logs and batch records in ERP system
- Conduct in process and finished product inspections
- Packing and labelling of finished products
- 5 years' experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with machine operation and bench assembly work
- Understanding of 5S Methodology and principles
- Experience working with laminates and/or ceramics is highly advantageous
- Experience working on Defence projects will be highly advantageous
- Must have experienced working in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must hold Australian Citizenship to apply
Candidates with experience in composite body armour in a Defence environment are encouraged to apply.
** This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19s situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and, in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe**
Our client is offering great career development and an attractive package is available and negotiable to match experience and qualifications. Candidates with current Design Authority / Engineering Authority will be highly regarded.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 08 8432 0492 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TG
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.