We are working with a defence organisation with an established international presence. They are seeking to bring on a Mechanical Engineer to work as part of their team based in Cairns.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Apply appropriate Engineering processes for Engineering Change and Configuration Management in accordance with industry practice.
- Leverage prior experience to support design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, and operation of ship systems.
- Involvement in risk assessment and creating safety requirements.
- Ensure adequate commissioning, Validation and Verification (V&V), test and trails and all task records, OQE, certification and reporting.
- Coordinate with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure deliveries are in line with project schedule, while meeting standards.
- Communicate mechanical engineering solutions to customer as required.
- Ensure compliance, and asset integrity is achieved and maintained.
Work Experience & Skills
- Degree or (Advanced) Diploma in Mechanical/Mechatronics engineering.
- Proven experience working in an engineering and maintenance environment.
- Existing or re-instatable AGSVA Defence clearance.
- High computer proficiency, especially MS Excel, and MS Office.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing priorities.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
As the role will be working within the Australian Defence industry, I am only allowed to consider applicants currently holding Australian Defence Security clearance (this is a must). The client is looking to interview and hire immediately so please get in touch ASAP.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.