Naval Architect- Sydney
About the opportunity
The client are a well known company working predominantly within the repair, refit and maintenance of ships both within Australia and overseas. Due to extensions on their major projects with the CoA, my client are now seeking the services of a full time and permanent Naval Architect to work out of their head office in Garden Island, Sydney.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering discipline (Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
- Strong experience of ships and ship structures.
- Current or previous experience within Defence and working on Naval Platforms (highly desirable)
- Familiar with DNV GL/ Lloyds Register classification
The following will be highly desirable:
- Experience in providing commercial advice on maritime acquisition and sustainment engineering matters
- Act as a Design Reviewer when required, on Statutory and Class Certification
- Provide advice on non-class certification requirements
- Provide technical risk assessments
- Provide advice on in-service failures and modifications
- Provide advice on in-service sustainment and life cycle management.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work, I am only able to accept applications from Australian citizens. The role is available immediately for the right person so get in touch NOW.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Pritam Bhuyan on 02 9492 7526 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.