This network engineer position will be responsible for all aspects of the corporate network while minimising the occurrences and severity of outages. You will have the opportunity to make real difference and change by identifying opportunities to improve reliability, capacity, security and performance.
Effective resolution to problems is expected, as is maintenance of WAN/LAN technology. You will have the chance to show your talents while managing projects affecting the Network and Security teams. While this is a 6-month contract, the experience you'll gain and connections you will make will last the rest of your career.
This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19s situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe
ABOUT THE COMPANY
My client is well known and respected around the world. Their products are key not only to defence but all major industries.
They look to their employees to ensure that the best outcome can be achieved in a harmonious environment. Collaboration is needed to ensure this, with both staff and management working towards achieving the best results for both the stakeholder and the client.
- Fault management and rectification across the Infrastructure.
- Administration tasks across the Infrastructure as required and dictated.
- Daily responsibility for the monitoring, management and reporting of the following technologies to the agreed performance levels and standards:
- Core Network - Covering all Data Centre networks, assisting the Core Network Engineers.
- WAN - Manage the Infrastructure to ensure fit for purpose products are utilised. Manage relationship with the supplier.
- LAN - Manage all site installations and infrastructure (switches etc.)
- Network Security Devices - Firewall infrastructure including configuration, Maintenance and regular administration
- VOIP - Monitor and maintain all IP Telephony installations
- Wireless - Internal and Guest Wi-fi infrastructure including configuration, Maintenance and regular administration
- Operate a centralised Enterprise Systems Management capability.
- Assist Solutions Architects in the design process, providing guidance and best practice.
- Production of Operational and Technical Documentation to agreed standards
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Demonstrated expertise in managing projects affecting the Network and Security team to ensure time, cost and quality objectives are met.
- Previous experience managing projects in a defence environment will be highly regarded.
- A strong background in WAN/LAN, wireless and other technologies is needed.
- Thorough understanding and awareness of firewalls and communication requirements.
- Prior exposure to installing, configuring and maintenance of hardware and software systems is desirable.
- Innovative ways to problem-solving is encouraged.
- A proactive attitude is welcomed
- Demonstrated ability in Level 3 problem resolution.
- Australian Defence Security Clearance (NV1)
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 08 8432 0491 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CA