A unique opportunity to work for a Sydney based ASX listed company who specialise in wireless communications technologies for customers in the public safety, defence, utilities and mining industries.
Based in Sydney, you will be responsible for providing Level 1 and Level 2 technical support for the entire suite of the company's network and radio products. You will be required to provide pre and post-sales support activities, support channel partner and customer delivery and acceptance, perform training and provide other support as and when required.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Learn all product functions and features; debug common configuration and operational issues.
- Provide remote support to customers via telephone/Teamviewer/ skype vpn etc.
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 support to resolve customer issues within agreed contractual SLA's, ensure all information pre-requisites have been collated prior to escalation to Engineering in accordance with the company's support processes.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of all product documentation, suggest product enhancements and develop new support documentation to assist with support activities as required.
- Maintain a record of software releases made to customers along with customer network architecture diagrams, network configurations and key operational use cases.
- Provide pre-sales support including customer site visits and audits, requirements capture, product demonstrations and tender bid response support as required.
- Assist in new site installations, develop commissioning and acceptance documentation and perform project management activities to ensure deployments are executed on time and to budget.
- Develop and deliver training programs and provide post-sales support as required.
Essential Technical Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or CCNA.
- Experience in configuring/debugging complex IP based networks, OS and application installations on Linux, SNMP, QoS, Firewalls.
- Strong problem solving, with a deep understanding of Linux and Wireshark.
- Virtualisation and hosting experience. Exposure to openstack, Heat or similar environments.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience programming and configuring radio communications equipment such as portables, mobiles, basestations and repeaters.
- A background in embedded software.
- Sound knowledge of software and support processes.
- Experience in working with diverse product portfolios and technologies.
- Experience working in Land Mobile Radio (LMR/PMR) environments
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships, with all stakeholders, in a fast-paced environment.
- Australian Citizenship in order to obtain, or previously held, Australian security clearance
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Susie Stuart on 02 9492 7517. #LI-SS
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.