Our client is one of Australia's newest Defence Industry suppliers within the Shipbuilding world who are looking to grow their team exponentially for the multi-billion dollar program they are currently managing for the Royal Australian Navy and its service men and women!
They are currently seeking an experienced Outfitting Engineer with knowledge and experience within the Build and Construction aspects of a Naval Vessel to help the overall construction process. Those with experience within Defence, and particularly within Naval Defence domains, will be highly regarded.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supports the organisation in all questions regarding the construction aspect of the vessels
- Develops, maintains and continuously improves process of construction and outfit
- Lead and manage all communication between technical, project and operational departments in conjunction of construction process
- Manage compliance of budget, cost, time and performance of the build
- Monitors and maintains supplier engagement
- Coordinate building specifications
- Handle supply, production and quality functions
- National and International Travel
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Tertiary or technology qualification in shipbuilding or relevant engineering discipline (i.e. Naval Architecture, Hull, Mechanical or Platform Engineering)
- Experience working across ship building and outfitting requirements of naval vessels
- Defence Industry experience (Highly desirable)
- Ability to understand technical drawings and specifications
- Australian Citizen able to obtain and maintain a Defence Security Clearance.
If you think you match the above job description, please apply in Word format only.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading recruitment solutions supplier to the Defence Industry.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Patrick Horwood on 03 9982 0310. #LI-Patrick
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.