Currently seeking an Procurement Officer, with prior Defence project office experience to be part of an out of this world Defence program office.
In this role you will assist the procurement team with its ongoing need to support complex supplier contracts and procurements. You will work within the Defence procurement lifecycle to deliver strategies on which suppliers, materials and equipment will be needed for key Defence projects.
- Manage allocated resources, set work area priorities, manage workflows, develop strategies and evaluate business outcomes.
- Assist with procurement planning, tendering and contract formation and contract management activities while ensuring compliance with legislation, procurement policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide clear direction during the procurement lifecycle on contracting activities including coordination of legal and financial services.
- Review complex to very complex contracting correspondence including providing high level advice to commercially sensitive reports, submissions, contract change proposals and other documents as required.
- Analyse, identify and develop mitigation strategies for the risks associated with procurement and contracting activities, contract performance, and compliance with legislative and policy frameworks.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Qualification in procurement, contracting, business, commerce or engineering
- 7+ years' in Defence procurement
- Previous Defence project office experience will be highly regarded
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbally
- Previous Defence contract administration experience
- Experience or knowledge of the Defence procurement lifecycle
- ASDEFCON experience in procurement and strategy will be highly regarded
- Australian Citizen
Due to the sensitive nature of the role an active security clearance of NV1 or higher is required. Candidates who hold a baseline or no clearance at all will not be considered.
Please forward your covering letter and resume in WORD FORMAT.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 19 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Adrian Broadhead on 02 9492 7519 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AB
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.