Be part of a world leading company that is known for developing innovative technology to redefine defence, space, and aviation sectors.
An opportunity now exists with this reputable defence prime to immediately employ a Procurement Manager in a Full-Time capacity in Canberra. In this role you will be a key part of ensuring capability for Australia and its national interests are effectively sourced and logistics are appropriately managed.
The Procurement Manager will provide direction and management of the procurement and corporate
agreement team as well as the processes, and tools to implement strategies and achieve outcomes. The Procurement Manager will also support strategic sourcing and supplier engagement.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as well as subject matter experts to clarify, define, and refine the scope of supply and supply requirements for procurement activities.
- Support supplier engagement activities, including negotiations and supplier performance management.
- Manage procurement through to delivery, ensure delivery of supply to the required schedule, scope, and quality.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to achieve AIC objectives.
- Identify opportunities and strategies to reduce risk and cost i.e. development of material cost reduction plans.
- Provide SME advice and guidance to all areas of the business regarding procurement activities.
- Ensures the integrity of commercial in confidence, security classified and export-controlled information.
What we are looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (Procurement, Commercial, Supply, Law etc.)
- 10 years of broad commercial acumen, in particular sourcing, quotations, orders, supplier engagement and delivery management.
- Ability to apply procurement practices in a Defence supply chain environment.
- Basic understanding of EVM
- Basic understanding of ITAR.
- NV1 security clearance highly desirable
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 20 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Andrew Randhawa on 0422 840 076 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AR
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.