ABOUT THIS ROLE
This is the perfect role for a hands-on Operations Manager who is looking to use their experience in financial management and sustainable operations to further enhance the capability of an already established international business. A strong personality who understands the difference between leadership and management will thrive in this dynamic and outcome focussed role.
Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to motivate staff on exciting projects are a must for this position. A candidate who understands profit and loss, and who can implement training plans whilst contributing to the technical growth of a company will see this as a career role.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop strategies and plans for meeting short, medium- and long-term objectives on projects involving 5th Generation aerospace platforms, such as the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter and other leading edge technology.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
RUAG is a leading global technology group for Aerospace and Defence. Headquartered in Berne, Switzerland, they have facilities in Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Finland, France, Austria, Hungary, USA, and Australia. Some 8,700 staff worldwide develop and produce the innovative RUAG products and services in use around the world on land, in the air and in space.
RUAG Australia is a growing, dynamic, and progressive company specialising in the manufacture, maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft components and systems. With a presence in South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria, RUAG Australia provides product and service solutions to the Australian Defence Force and to national and international partner companies operating in the Defence and Aerospace sectors. RUAG prides itself on a strong workplace culture underpinned by global values.
- Contribute to the planning and development of business strategies, organisational structure, resourcing, and management of risk to the business
- Continually review and remain abreast of emerging technologies in conjunction with the Senior Manager Aerostructures and Program Management Team
- Develop and mentor the Production Team, reviewing their performance and ensuring the best outcomes are achieved
- Maintain communication with customers, focussing on customer satisfaction, improved service and resolutions are quick and effective
- Develop annual budgets, communicate key financial information, and continually look for ways to improve operational effectiveness whilst reducing cost
- Meet agreed operational targets, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Prior experience in a Production / Operations Management position ideally within a manufacturing environment is required
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Engineering, Management or related areas
- Previous experience in Aerospace or Defence industries will be looked at favourably
- A strong background in operational leadership is required
- Experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies and Six Sigma principle and tools
- A demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts at all levels, in a clear and concise manner
- Implementation and management of preventative maintenance programs
- Fundamental understanding of commercial business with strong financial management
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite will be beneficial, focussing on Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Collaborate on new and emerging technologies in defence, Aerospace and technology sectors
- Perfect opportunity to further develop your career
- Great working conditions and central Adelaide location
- Possibilities for domestic travel and networking
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 08 8432 0491 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CA
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs