A rapidly growing Defence Engineering organisation is seeking multiple resources for their PMO. Whilst a Defence Secuirty Clearance is desirable, it's not essential for this position. You will need to eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1, so only Australian citizen need apply.
A bit about you:
Essentially you would you have gained experience in one of the following domains with a Defence organisation and or engineering ; Program Planning, Controls, Cost Analysis, Scheduling, Project Support and Coordination, Cost Estimation, Policy Control, Reporting etc.
Reporting to the Program Operations Manager, the Program Planner and Controls Officer will significantly contribute towards the performance of the program management functions and activities. You will assist the Sub-Project Managers / Control Account Managers in the development and maintenance of planning, performance and reporting, risk and workload functions.
- Establish and maintain Sub-Projects / Control Accounts scope;
- Develop Sub-Projects / Control Accounts plans and schedules including critical path analysis, resource loading and levelling;
- Implement scope control and change management.
- Establish time-phased cost/schedule baseline, enforce strict change control, and monitor status/availability;
- Establish and use the program performance management system including a tailored Earned Value Management System to Australian Defence standards;
- Monitor performance trends, conduct analysis and cost impacts and assist with the development of monthly project performance reports;
- Develop program management reports and dashboards for the Sub-Projects / Control Accounts to provide performance analysis, identify issues, support management decision-making.
- Provide these reports to other PMO staff for inclusion in overall program reports.
- Organise program management meetings and reviews, including producing minutes as required.
- Participate in Integrated Baseline Reviews and other audits as required, including the preparation or review artefacts and supporting the Control Account and Work Package Managers Workload o
- Implement and maintain database and tools to manage program workload estimations; and Produce workload/ workforce analysis and associated subcontracting plans.
- Implement Risk Management within the Sub-Projects / Control Accounts including;
- Develop issue and risk/opportunity registers; and o Provide analysis, review and reporting on level of risk.
- 3 - 7 years demonstrable experience in Program Performance & Controls in a complex engineering and/or Defence programs;
- Experience with program management tools; Project Management Professional (PMI) / AIPM certification or equivalent (desirable)
- Knowledge of Earned Value
- Experience in using cost management software COBRA is highly desirable
- Superior interpersonal skills
- The ability to motivate and influence others
- Build effective interpersonal relationships
- Foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment
- Creative and innovative; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities
- Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Strong organizational, analytical, verbal & writing skills
Kinexus is Australia's leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Jamie Beighton on 02 9492 7514 quoting the Job Title for this position.
VisitÂ www.kinexus.com.auÂ to view more jobs.