Are you a Systems Safety Engineer looking for a new challenge? We currently have a position within a tier one consulting company, located in Canberra. This is a key role that will have a direct influence on the outcomes for a major Land project in Australia.
The successful applicant will be involved with a range of activities that will include developing safety engineering documentation, conducting mandated system reviews, drafting safety engineering reports and development of safety case reports. This is a critical role that will work to enhance the overall systems safety engineering capability of the business.
- Review and critique of safety engineering documentation
- Review of technical specifications and documentation relating to system safety
- Contribute to project meetings and working groups
- Review system safety engineering development activities
- Contribute to Materiel Certification design activities
- Contribute to acceptance and certification activities.
- Ability to work autonomously within delegated authority
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
Required Skills & Experience's:
- Tertiary level qualifications in; Safety, Electronic, Systems or Relevant discipline
- Traceable experience working across the full systems engineering lifecycle
- Working knowledge of System Safety in accordance with MIL-STD-882, WHS legislation and Defence/CASG Policies
- Experience in the development and management of technical systems and engineering artefacts
- Specific knowledge and experience in Communications Systems, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Platform Engineering, Safety, Test and Evaluation/V&V is highly desirable
- Meet or working towards Chartered Engineering status
- Applicants must be ITAR Compliant
- Applicants must hold an active or reinstatable NV1 Security Clearance
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 20 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 08 8432 0492 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TG
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.