The primary responsibility of this position is the project management of engineering activities including Systems Engineering, Change Management and Production Engineering. As the Project Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of all project management disciplines, including scope management, time management, scheduling, budgeting, and cost management. Demonstrates effective leadership skills in mentoring, training, coaching, and developing team members.
- Manage the capture and documentation of the Concept of Operations and feature prioritisation.
- Manage the derivation of Functional and Performance Specifications.
- Ensure a Validated System Requirement Baseline via formal review (eg SRR).
- Manage the iterative development of Solution Architectures through functional decomposition and mapping to physical model.
- Manage the derivation and maintenance of Interface Control Documentation.
- Manage the identification, analysis and mitigation of Technical and Project Risks.
- Identify critical supply-chain partners.
- Ensure a Validated System Design Baseline via formal reviews (eg SDR and PDR).
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience leading the development and integration of complex, cross-domain systems and products
- Experience applying the systems engineering process to the management of complexity and risk reduction in technical development initiatives
- Experience developing systems and products within a regulated environment such as Aerospace and/or Defence
- Tertiary qualification in Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Able to obtain Australian Government Defence Security Clearance.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Claire Whitehouse on 0411 640 766 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs