My client are a well-known Maritime organisation with significant operations within the Australian and international Defence and commercial marine industries. They are seeking to bring on a Project Engineer to work as part of their Projects and Upgrades team based in Sydney. At this stage the preference is for someone with an electrical engineering background looking to enter the Defence industry OR looking to continue their careers within the Defence industry. Strong consideration will be given to candidates who have experience working on-site in a heavy engineering environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Project Engineer should ideally be familiar with ship repair, (mechanical, structural, electrical), marine engineering and the costs associated with undertaking production/ repair activities to enable the role to undertake:
- Providing general engineering support to the business and Systems Program Office (SPO).
- Identify and comply with the codes, standards of compliance or legal instruments relevant to a particular product, project, process or system.
- Development/input to Work Instructions and Engineering Reports as required by the supervisor.
- Write technical reports as required in support of engineering investigations into engineering related issues.
Qualifications / Experience ( highly desirable )
- IMO Class 2 Certificate of Competency or equivalent;
- Service at sea in an engineering role;
- 2 - 4 years' experience in a similar role with an engineering qualification to Graduate level.
Work Experience & Skills
- Proven experience working in an engineering and maintenance environment, particularly in commercial ship repair, ideally in Defence, construction, oil and gas/resources or a related industry.
- Consistent application of care and attention to detail.
- A high level of numeracy skills and analysis.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- High computer proficiency, especially MS Excel, and MS Office.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing priorities.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
As the role will be working within the Australian Defence industry, I am only allowed to consider applications from either current Security clearance holders or Australian citizens ( this is a must ). The client are looking to interview and hire immediately so please get in touch ASAP.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Pritam Bhuyan on 02 9492 7526 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.