If you are an experienced Project Manager who has worked in a Defence project environment, or if you are a Project Professional looking to broaden your Project Portfolio in a unique mission critical environment where you can contribute to the purposeful work of defending Australia's national interests, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our client is seeking several experienced Project Managers to manage some of the most exciting government supported projects to enhance Australia's Defence Capabilities. The Australian Government has committed to some large projects involving Simulations, Weapons, Vehicles, Advanced Training Systems, and Military Communications across Land, Sea, Air, and Cyber domains to ensure Australia is at the forefront of its Defence Capabilities. Our client have partnered with the Australian Government to deliver these capabilities for them. If you are in Melbourne and are keen to be part of these multi-million-dollar defence projects, please get in touch with me to find out more!
Permanent full-time roles with a rewarding salary and great workplace benefits. Those with skills in project management strategy and analysis, contract negotiations, stakeholder management, and risk management are encouraged to apply!
- Conduct Project Management strategy and analysis to establish future documentation and plans for smooth running of the projects
- Manage all project stakeholder relationships to ensure that the relationships contribute positively to the success of the projects
- Manage the outcomes of multiple teams to ensure they're on track to meet project milestones and deliverables
- Ensure and maintain safe work practices and enforce safety risk management
- Support and maintain and encourage the involved team including operational and engineering team members
- Develop reports on project progress and business management
- Manage project performance and develop Approach to Market documentation
- Manage contract negotiations, progress reports and suppliers
- Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Document control and development
- Departmental engagement and cross-over between ILS, Engineering and other PMO teams
- Tender review and proposal development
- Manage contract requirements, including support of drafting and completion of Contract Change Proposals (CCP).
- Minimum 3 - 5+ year's experience in Project Management or Support roles within Defence Industry or CASG/ADF environment
- Tertiary or Vocational qualifications in project or business management or engineering (desirable but not essential)
- Australian Citizenship essential; those who hold an active clearance are highly desirable
- Experience managing large Defence contracts across acquisition and/or sustainment (desirable but not essential)
Please only apply if you hold Australian Citizenship and are eligible to obtain and maintain an AGSVA Defence Clearance!
If you think you match the above criteria, please apply in Word format only.
Kinexus is Australia's No.1 Leading supplier of recruitment solutions to the Defence Industry across permanent and contract recruitment for over 20 years and counting, with a team of ex-Defence and Recruitment Professionals ready to support your needs!
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Pat Horwood on 03 9982 0310. #LI-PH
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.