A premium Defence client in Adelaide is seeking a Project Planner and Controller for an initial 6-month engagement. Reporting into the Naval Program Manager you will be required to support several defence programs at any given time. You will provide clear guidance to Task Managers, Project teams and Control Account Managers (CAM's), across key areas such as; project reporting, project monitoring and control, cost, schedule status and schedule baseline maintenance.
PLEASE NOTE THIS OPPORTUNITY IS ONLY OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS WHO HOLD A SECURITY CLEARANCE.
- Investigate and implement project planning and control process improvement
- Ensure that planning and scheduling, budgeting, accounting, analysis and reporting activities are fully integrated
- Establish and maintain (in conjunction with Project Managers and CAMs) the project Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS), CBWS index and CWBS dictionaries
- Establish and maintain a Project Master Schedule in consultation with the Project Manager and CAMs.
- Assist Project Managers and CAMs in the selection of appropriate earned value techniques and in the development of project budgets
- Analyse cost performance data and develop reports for CAMs and Project Managers
- Coordinate with the Contract Administrator in the preparation of contract change proposals and the implementation of contract amendments
- Produce corrective action reports for CAM analysis
- Assist Project Managers with input data for Steering Committee Reports
- Provide guidance for the analysis of project reports.
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years' experience as a project planner and controller for projects of medium to high complexity
- Demonstrated knowledge and an effective understanding of project performance measurement using Earned Value to AS4817 and the Defence Supplement
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management processes (eg. PMBOK)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using project and cost management software eg. Open Plan Professional™, Microsoft Project; COBRA™
- High level of computer skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Proven analytical skills relating to costs and scheduling performance and reporting
- Good problem-solving skills in identifying system issues
This is an excellent opportunity with one of our key clients in the industry. They continue to win exciting new projects and have expressed they have a busy year ahead. Whilst they cannot guarantee that the term of contract will be extended, it's very likely that they will have a need for this person to continue beyond the initial term.
If you are interested in applying then please get in touch immediately, by calling Danny Fleming on 0488 288 241. Or hit APPLY NOW! Good luck!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.