My client is a well-known Maritime organisation with significant operations within the Australian and international Defence and commercial marine industries. They are seeking to bring on a Quality and Test Engineer to work as part of their team based in Sydney.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Quality and Test Engineer reports to the Project Manager and is responsible for creating and designing processes or experiments to test the quality of the maintenance being conducted. The Quality and Test Engineer will work with a variety of different fields and test range of different tasks both Electrical and Mechanical:
- Developing and implementing quality and control systems.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance
- Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Provide test result information to other teams to improve product quality.
- Under delegation provide written authorized Engineering direction to production for the rectification of defects and the execution of maintenance requirements.
- Assist the Operations Manager or the other Managers in the Operations team in providing advice in a timely manner to technical questions from the Commonwealth.
- Work closely with the CoA to assist the facilitation of the Engineering Change process from planning and test review in accordance with set requirements.
- Write technical reports as required in support of engineering investigations into related issues.
- Balance Quality and Test procedures with the requirements of the work schedule to ensure pragmatic solutions are obtained.
- Proactively implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure subcontractors are engaged and managed to comply with all WHSSEQ requirements.
Work Experience & Skills
- Degree in Quality or Mechanical Engineering practice preferred.
- Current or ability to obtain CoA Negative Vetting Level 1 Clearance is a must. ITAR Compliance and Australian Citizenship required.
- 3+ years' experience in a similar test and quality engineering role.
- Proven experience working in an engineering and maintenance environment, particularly in commercial ship repair, ideally in Defence, construction, oil and gas/resources or a related industry.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to prepare written reports, briefings, updates and other documentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing priorities.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a combined project team comprising but not limited to technical, planning, quality, projects and customer personnel.
- Must be a competent user of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Work, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook).
Safety is first and foremost to both Kinexus and our client, and all aspects of recruitment and onboarding are taken very seriously. Due to the current situation there will be provisions to work remotely with periodic check ins with the client under the strictest safety protocols.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.