We are working with a well-known Defence maritime organization which is running significant operations within the Australian and international Defence industries. They are seeking to bring on an experienced Systems Safety Engineer to take the lead on a well-known sustainment contract based out at Garden Island.
- Be the lead SME for all safety aspects associated with detailed design packages.
- Review and approval of Safety Case Reports / Safety Risk Assessments.
- Provide the CoA input and consideration for the ships safety case.
- Integrate with the engineering team to determine and flag early safety considerations in the design development.
- Coordinate and facilitate hazard and risk assessment workshops
- Coordinate people/stakeholders and lead Task Engineers through the production of Safety Case Reports
- Write up risks assessments in accordance with DEF AUST standards.
- Develop an internal process/system for identifying hazards
- Develop a process/methodology for the development of Safety Case Reports in-line with the CoA's Framework
- A minimum of a Bachelors of Engineering in a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant Systems Safety engineering preferably within the Defence industry with a strong preference for naval experience.
- Standout candidates from a heavy engineering environments such as the rail, commercial maritime and commercial aviation.
- Australian citizenship or an active or re-instatable Security clearance.
Safety is first and foremost to both Kinexus and our client, and all aspects of recruitment and onboarding are taken very seriously. Due to the current situation there will be provisions to work remotely with periodic check ins with the client under the strictest safety protocols.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.