Our client is a tier one consulting firm within the Defence Industry and is looking for SATCOM Engineer to work out of the Canberra office. You should have strong experience in Defence Communications (C4i, C2, Crypto, RF, SATCOM). This is a critical role within the business that will have a direct input into the outcomes of major Defence projects.
Our client is seeking candidates with significant experience in SATCOM Engineering, ideally within a defence environment. The successful applicant should have a track record in identifying, resolving, and managing satellite communication systems issues. This includes material specification, systems architecture, design & development, and test & evaluation of complex Communication Systems.
- Develop and coordinate effective operational analysis
- Provide leadership, specialist advice and guidance on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Design and develop military systems and equipment including testing, integration, installing and managing the systems and equipment
- Derive system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and system requirements reviews
- Foster a working environment that is focused on meeting the requirements of customers, both external and internal
- Liaise with each of the respective Functional Managers to ensure that their requirements are incorporated into the design and development activities
- Liaise with other Defence units and groups to achieve outcomes as needed
- Development of technical scope for engineering activities to be developed by contractors.
- Perform the integration and validation of complex system designs
Skills & Experience required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in electrical/electronic/communications/systems engineering
- Experience with Radio, RF, Networks, Satellite Systems, Navigation Systems, Radar, C2, C4i and/or Electronic Warfare.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in analysis, design and development of Military Systems
- Proven experience working as a SATCOM Engineer within a Defence environment
- Knowledge of Defence project life cycle
- Excellent communications skills
- Meet ITAR compliancy
Due to the nature of this project applicants MUST hold a current NV1 AGSVA clearance.
** This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19s situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe**
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 08 8432 0492 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TG
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.